As The Motherhood Serial comes to an end, I am and then happy to have Chelsea share her story with you! She is one of the sweetest, kindest friends I have met on this blogging journey.

How-do-you-do friends! I'm Chelsea, blogger at Life With My Littles and mom to a toddler and a preschooler. I am so excited to be able to share my experience with becoming a mother and how it has inverse me!

image

Growing up, I always said I didn't want to have kids. I thought they were gross, abrasive, and I didn't spend much time around them. I idea that people had too many of them and that motherhood merely wasn't for me.

Later my hubby and I got married, my perspective changed. I realized I did want a family unit and I did want to exist a female parent. I saw people effectually me with their children and saw the joy that they experienced every bit parents. I wanted that for me.

It was a long road, but subsequently 15 months of trying and some infertility handling, I finally got pregnant. We were so excited, only also completely unsure of what to expect as parents. Which, every bit whatsoever parent knows, is totally normal.

When our son was born, I felt so lucky. I felt like he was always supposed to be in our family and similar this was what I was meant for. My husband and I loved him and then much, and while I all the same had no idea what I was doing nearly of the time, I was truly, deeply happy.

18 months after our daughter was born. I felt the same way when she was built-in and I knew I was so lucky to be a female parent to two healthy kids.

Being a female parent completely changes you. Y'all larn to be okay with getting peed, pooped, and barfed on. You say things you never thought you lot'd say ("No, you can't poop in the grass!") and do things you never thought you lot'd do (like stopping your child from eating glue of the sidewalk). Yous acquire patience and how to function on less sleep, and yous acquire to sacrifice a hot meal in order to help your toddler finish theirs.

Before I had kids, there were a lot of things that people did that bothered me, and now I take learned to relax and just have a breath when my child is screaming at the mall and our automobile is exterior at the other end. Before I had kids I judged other moms for their parenting decisions or for their children misbehaving. Now I know that we need to support every mom, even if her decision is dissimilar from our ain. I as well know that sometimes there'due south nothing you tin can do when your toddler throws a tantrum in the checkout line but ride it out.

I am 100% better afterwards condign a mom, and while it'due south not something I wanted for myself when I was younger, at that place'south zilch I would rather do now.

Chelsea Johnson
Blogger/Possessor
Life With My Littles
www.lifewithmylittles.com